Exterior doors are best suited in sheltered and shaded areas of the house. Avoid excessive exposure to the sun from midday to late afternoon and from the prevailing weather.
Door Frames. Your exterior doors can be supplied in a timber frame made from Cedar or heart Rimu which are both stable and durable. For painted finishes, treated pine can be used for the door frame as a cheaper option. For interior doors, a wider range of timbers can be used for the frames.
Locks and hinges. A standard range of quality door hardware can be supplied fitted to your prehung door. This also means it can be locked as soon as it is installed.
Stainless or copper push plates can be supplied to protect against pets or as push handles.
Installation. Door and frame sets are usually installed by your builder and finished by your painter. We provide full technical support and do offer an installation service in some situations.
Delivery. FREE delivery for the Wanaka and Hawea areas. A freight fee will apply elsewhere depending on the area and door size.
Guarantee. All our products are guaranteed for 5 years.
- Quotes are provided free of charge.
- A 3D computer image can be provided to show the scale and look of your new entrance.
- Use the Order form to note the quantity, size and style of doors you need. (These will all be checked prior to any manufacturing.) Download Order Form
- Deposit. A 50% deposit is required to book all jobs with final payment due on delivery.
Care and handling of timber doors.
- The doors are suited for areas of the house that are sheltered from the prevailing weather and direct sunlight.
- Each door must be sealed immediately as per the instructions delivered with the door or the warranty will become void. A high quality exterior or marine grade oil, stain and varnish must be used to cover all 6 sides of exterior and bathroom doors. Interior oil and varnish may be used on other internal doors.
- Timber is a natural product and some colour and grain variation is normal.
- It is normal for the door to move up to 5mm over the changing seasons and this should not affect the doors operation. If so please contact us.
- A high quality door seal is fitted with the door frames to keep your door draft free.
Please contact us for more information.